Jocelyne Morin-Nurse on Starting Wherever You Are and Always Contributing
Listen in to a great interview with Jocelyne Morin-Nurse, CEO of both Loxentus and Corgibytes. Jocelyne describes her incredible journey taking five years to sail around the world and being a nomad living in a motorhome, learning about the world and herself. She started as an executive assistant at Corgibytes and just kept helping out wherever she could. Ultimately, it landed her the CEO job! It’s a great conversation full of high-quality leadership advice.
- People need to make life plans, so keep sacred the trust they put in you
- As a child she loved watching the nightly business report
- She was into screen writing and theatre, and always knew she wanted to have an impact
- Here leadership philosophy is people-centric. She models the behavior she wants to see and considers herself a benevolent leader.
- Employees need key skills of patience, accountability, and self-confidence, which comes from doing things.
- Before making tough decisions she tries to obtain many perspectives. But then you have to make the decision. You can’t lead by committee.
- Her parting advice is to show up as your best self every day.